Our Portage Flyer Christmas is what we like to call a “supermagicated” event that has become a tradition among families looking to spend some great quality time in the fresh air and surrounded by holiday spirit. Arrive and enjoy complimentary hot chocolate and cookies (while supplies last) and purchase your tickets enroute to boarding the Portage Flyer Christmas Train Ride.
- Date & Time: Saturday, December 22, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. (last train leaves at 7:30 pm)
- Admission: $5.00 per person (child or adult) tax included. Sorry, there are no advance ticket sales or reserve seating.
- Location: Muskoka Heritage Place, Train Station, 100 Forbes Hill Drive Huntsville (beside the Active Living Centre).
- Parking: Huntsville High School, Canada Summit Centre, Active Living Centre or directly across the street from the event.
- Event Details: Once you make your way to Huntsville, travel up Brunel Rd 1 km and look for the black and white “Portage Flyer Christmas Train Ride” signs. Arrive to our Rotary Village Station and enjoy complimentary hot chocolate and cookies and join in on a carol or two. The train coaches have literally a thousand lights and of course Santa is waiting at the end of the line to hear your side of the story. The combination of a train, lights and Santa is almost too much for the adults, let alone the kids. There is no reserve seating or advance ticket sales, just purchase your $5.00 per person ticket (Santa pays the tax) prior to boarding. We travel along the Muskoka River on our 1km of track to Fairy Lake where riders may debark , visit with Santa and catch the next train back or remain on board for the return trip. Each trip takes about 20 minutes and dress warmly as the coaches are open-aired. Plenty of free parking is available either nearby or directly across from our station.